Introduction: The First Combat Drone With Artificial Intelligence Shocked The World!
The Boeing Airpower Teaming System, otherwise known as the Loyal Wingman project, is a stealth, multirole, unmanned combat aerial vehicle. This military aircraft is Boeing’s first unmanned system to be designed and developed in Australia. The prototype is also Australia’s first domestically developed combat aircraft since World War II.
Also Read: AI global arms race
Although still under development, the Loyal Wingman’s mission is to fly alongside manned jets and work as a team.
After three years of development and testing, Boeing Australia’s Airpower Teaming System, aka “Loyal Wingman” drone, successfully completed its first autonomous flight.
Source: YouTube | CNET
The Boeing Airpower Teaming System will provide a disruptive advantage for allied forces’ crewed and uncrewed missions. It will:
- Provide fighter-like performance, measuring 38 feet long (11.7m) and able to fly more than 2,000 nautical miles.
- Integrate sensor packages onboard to support intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, tactical early warning missions and more.
- Use artificial intelligence to fly independently or in support of crewed aircraft while maintaining safe distance between other aircraft.
The Boeing Airpower Teaming System is the company’s first uncrewed system to be designed and developed in Australia.
Designed to provide a transformational capability for global defense customers, it is the company’s largest investment in a new uncrewed aircraft program outside the United States. This purpose-built aircraft can be missionized to suit country-specific needs.
- This newest addition to Boeing’s defense portfolio will be a force multiplier for global customers.
- The Boeing team in Australia has developed a completely new uncrewed production-ready system, with the inclusion of Australian suppliers.
- Boeing has invested in a purpose-built system that leverages advanced manufacturing, digital production and augmented reality capability.
- The program uses Boeing’s global R&D expertise, as well as a strong industry team of agile global suppliers, with the ability to support national prosperity and sovereignty objectives.